Thursday, 21 April 2016


Reflection 8


Hello everyone,


Well for this week reflection I would like to summarize all about my journey for my Mock Teaching. I should thank Madam because she gave us a guideline to proceed the mock teaching step by step.
At first, Madam asks us to submit the Learning Objective, Learning Outcomes, Topic, Timing, and so on. This is to ensure that we know what we going to teach and what the students will be learned. 


Then, Madam told us to create our own designed PowerPoint which consists of the topic that we going to teach. She thought us on how to create a proper and better PowerPoint and how to moderate the PowerPoint. Finally she thought us on how to complete a full report of mock teaching.
For my mock teaching, my subject would be Mathematics and I choose Creating Challenges Method. 


And it was really fun when I teach my students (my classmates) and they also learned the topic that I thought them. When I start, I explained them to my students about the most famous topic in Mathematics which is “Algebraic Expression” for Form 2 students. Then, I explained them according to the PowerPoint slides notes. I also give them some activities to know further about the topic. Once they understand well about the topic, I give them some games to participate which is Kahoot and also Group Game.  I guide them on how to handle and participate in that game and they really enjoyed in it. After class ended, I gave them some exercises that have to be done at home.


What I’ve learnt through this journey was, being a teacher is very challenging and there are many responsibilities to be done. And it is really hard to teach some students who don’t even know anything about Mathematics. As a teacher, we should guide them step by step so that they will be trained well in Mathematics and they will have more interest to answer Mathematics questions. That’s all for this 8th Reflection.


Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment